Toby Stern passed away from SIDS on August 24, 2016. He was just 12 weeks and 5 days old.
To celebrate his life, his parents, Dan & Katie, have created a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) Campaign that will run from August 1 – 24, 2017. The goal is to have RAOK’s done each day in Toby’s memory.
We invite you to join us in spreading joy in Toby’s name by performing RAOK’s between August 1 – August 24. Below you will find Kindness Cards that you can print to leave for the individual or groups you are doing the act for. Or, if you want to leave a handwritten note, please tell them that the Act of Kindness is being done in memory of Toby Stern.
Here’s the goal we’ve set: ONE Random Act of Kindness done in all 50 states by August 24! Can you help us?
There has been a Facebook page set up http://fb.me/joyfortobystern and we hope you will help us populate the page throughout the month of August! We’ll be posting things that our family is doing across the Pittsburgh region and beyond.
Simply take a picture of your RAOK and post it on social media, or directly to the ‘Joy for Toby Stern’ Facebook page with the hashtag #joyfortobystern. Also, tag your state so we can keep track of where these acts are happening #pennsylvania. We can’t wait to share this campaign with everyone and see what can be done in Toby’s memory.
We know our message is reaching others across the country and we know we have family and friends in many places – please help us honor Toby’s life by doing something for someone else in his memory.
August will be a very hard month for our family as we battle the pain of knowing these were the final weeks that we had Toby in our arms last year. We would love to see the joy and love that he gave our family be spread across the country in his name!
We invite you to join us in celebrating Toby’s life!
HOW TO JOIN TOBY’S RAOK CAMPAIGN:
- Print out the card below, or write a personal note to leave for the recipient of your RAOK.
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness in memory of Toby or a loved one you have lost.
- Share your acts with us via the Joy for Toby Stern Facebook page or Instagram with the hashtag #joyfortobystern (don’t forget to tag your state! #pennsylvania)
- Share this link on Facebook and invite others to support our cause and honor Toby’s memory.
- Give a larger than usual tip to a server.
- Go through your house or closet and donate the things that you haven’t worn, don’t use, or your children have outgrown.
- Donate a book or two to your local library in a loved ones memory.
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line or at the drive-thru.
- Make a donation to your favorite cause.
- Buy a gift card to a restaurant or shop and leave it at the register for the cashier to give to someone later that day.
- Donate school supplies to a local daycare or school that may need them for the new school year
- Hand out scratch off tickets to 10 people at the gas station or grocery store.
- Put together a care package for another family and leave it anonymously for them.
Thank you for helping us honor our beautiful baby boy and for spreading joy in his memory!
Katie, Dan & Lucas Stern